MGT – Myriad Group Training is an employment and training arrangement whereby Myriad Group Training employ apprentices and trainees and place them with “Host Employers”.
Myriad Group Training is the common law employer, with the same responsibilities and obligations under existing legislation and industrial arrangements as other employers. Myriad Group Training also ensure that the apprentice or trainee receives continuous employment and the full range of “on the job” and “off the job training”.
Apprentices and Trainees employed by Myriad Group Training may spend their entire apprenticeship or traineeship with one Host Employer who can offer them a well rounded training experience. Alternatively, they may be rotated through a number of Employers who can each offer a specialised area of training. Host Employers pay a small administration cost to Myriad Group Training.
- Create additional employment opportunities for apprentices and trainees
- Assist apprentices and trainees to make a successful transition into the skilled workforce
- Improve the quality and range of training available to apprentices and trainees, especially those in small and medium business
- Rotate apprentices and trainees amongst Host Employers, where appropriate, to ensure the quality and range of training experiences
- Provide access to apprenticeships and traineeships to those disadvantaged in the labour market
- Provide services to the community contributing to the growth of employment through Vocational Education and Training